Monday, March 22, 2010

Gay Marriage Is Legal in U.S. Capital

clic HERE to see the article.


SUMMARY #1

Gay marriage has become legal in Washington. About 140 couples had aplied to be married.


SUMMARY #2

Same-sex marriage became legal in Washington. There is a fight about the legalization of this issue between opponents and accomplices. Some institutions such as Catholic Charities doesn't coverage with health care benefits to same-sex couples. 140 couples had filled out to be married. In the future is expected 14.000 same-sex marriages occur. It would create new jobs.


REACTION OF THE ARTICLE

Same sex couples have the same right of different-sex couples. We live in a country of "EQUAL OPPORTUNITY" and this is the same for gay people. They are human and have feelings that should be respected. In addition, homosexual people should be treated like humans and not like beings from other planet. I think that it is better let them show and do their deserved wishes, so that we would know their big and kind heart that they have.

12 comments:

  1. This is a very controversial topic. In fact, some months ago, I didn't care about it. I started to support the idea of gay marriage when one of my best friend told me she is lebian. I was surprised,but she made me realize that our society and enviroment have changed. Therefore, we should work together to build a fare place to live.

    I strongly agree with Dalila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing about this controversial topic for longtime. I don't think so that, gays are not treated like human. They are also human, but there is a little problem with our society. They should be allowed to get married with each other because they are also human like us, but that will reduse the rispect for real marriges. I don't agree with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never understand why a country would allow a man and a man or a woman and a woman to marry each other. Never! The sad reality is, this will continue until all 50 states are forced to take this dangerous position. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never understand why US allow to gay or lasbian to get marry each other. God created us two seperate gender and give a chance to get married Man VS Woman. It is bocoming a long time and continue the Generation to generation.
    I completely disagree with Dalila.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never understand why US allow to gay or lasbian to get marry each other. God created us two seperate gender and give a chance to get married Man VS Woman. It is bocoming a long time and continue the Generation to generation.
    I completely disagree with Dalila.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dalila,
    Do not Misunderstand me about comments. I also have another ID with Surma sky Travels and I comments here same thing and same day. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I respect your opinion and others, as well. I totally disagree with the legalization of gay marriage. I understand and respect everybody sexual orientation, but there are some traditional institutions that should be respected.One of this institutions is the marriage between one man and one woman, whose social and biological purpose is clearly established. Same sex couples have the right to share their lifes in any way, but not through legal marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. By definition “legalization of gay marriage” is the process of removing a legal prohibition against the choice of a same sex couple to be voluntarily joined. The questions to be answered are: Why is the prohibition necessary? To protect who or what? Why are same sex couples a threat? Are religious beliefs or social standards in danger? If so, what religion is true? Which social standard is correct?

    Prohibitions that represent the religious or social preference of a particular group, without protecting the general public against a real and present danger, are discriminatory and go against basic human rights. To understand this, all you need to do is pick any religion and give it preference, or a social group and give it priority. I agree with the legalization of gay marriage because it removes a prohibition that does not protect people against any real danger, and limits the lives of many citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a controvelsial issue nowadays.I agree with you when you said that we are in the country where we have "IQUAL OPPORTUNITY" but legalizing same sex marriage is giving permission that they show their love in front everybody including children. i have never had this king of experince of look a couple of gay giving love eachother and i don't want to see either. I don't really know why they want to get married because they aren't going to have all the benefic that a normal couple have.i recommend to them continuing living in civil union. With my opinion i don't want hurt anybody.i let you know that i have a lot of friends gay and i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--this is amazing....so many comments! I'm glad to see that so many people expressed their opinion here.

    While I'd rather not (it's very controversial) get involved, I would like to say a couple things just to represent the other side a little bit.

    First--yes, there are many religious people in this country....but many people are not religious at all. In fact, some are agnostic or atheist. Also, there are a number of religions that relax their rules a bit here in the USA. There are Unitarians, Quakers and Methodists. (A friend of mine goes to a Methodist church that has a gay minister!). This means that whatever religion one person believes in doesn't automatically apply to another person if they don't believe in it. It's simply not part of their belief system. This is especially true in this country, where so many people believe so many different things.

    Also, as you may recall, the US likes to keep church and state separate.

    And....a point some may not have considered....is that research has shown that the children of homosexual couples are not more likely to become gay as a result of having parents that are. If that's a person's argument against gay marriage, it's not a very strong one. (This is good for you to think about if you're in W 107.) Consider all the people who are gay who had heterosexual parents...and your argument goes out the window.

    Anyway...before I get too involved....again, I'm happy to see some much happening here. Great job, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree in the fact that gay couples have the same rights that everyone else. Dalila like you say this is the country of equality, and unfortunately we still seeing discrimination and segregation on it. In my opinion called marriage or not gay couples should be allow to received Federal benefits like the rest of us because they pay taxes too.

    ReplyDelete